I always recommend that you invest your resources towards testing latest Semi-Annual Channel release at the earliest convenience so that you gain vital understanding of the newest functionality as well as verify hardware and application compatibility as you continue to deliver great new experiences for your users. There are a few major changes to Windows in the "April 2018 Update", both for end users as well as IT Pros. Microsoft also removed features and functionality, either because the OS team added a better option or because they want push IT organizations towards Enterprise edition of Windows 10. A number of features (most notable Software Restriction Policies) have been deprecated and may be removed in a future update.
From my experience interacting with others on Twitter or TechNet, IT Pros sometimes have difficulties locating relevant resources when a new version of Windows becomes available, in part due to the nature of the World Wide Web. While it is full of endless resources, sometimes too much choice can be confusing. It doesn't help that Microsoft does not always update relevant documentation in a timely manner.
So, following the release of Windows 10 1803, I wanted to take this opportunity to offer an overview of the useful resources, details about the features and functionalities that were removed or deprecated in Windows 10, version 1803 and provide direct links to tools and templates you will need when you start your journey of adopting Windows 10 "April 2018 Update":
- What's new in Windows 10, version 1803 IT Pro content
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803): All the new features and changes
- Features removed in Windows 10, version 1803
- Features planned for replacement starting with Windows 10, version 1803
- Support for Windows 10 in System Center Configuration Manager
- The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), build 8450
- Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK), build 17134
- Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for Windows 10, version 1803
- Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (1803)
- Security configuration baseline for Windows 10 "April 2018 Update"
- 90-day Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation
If you have a recommendation which is missing, please comment or tweet me. I need love.